Once you understand cryptocurrency and its different applications, the next big question is: How can you start investing in it?
In part two of this two-part miniseries, Kyle Malmstrom is back with Matt Hougan, Chief Investment Officer at Bitwise Asset Management, the world’s largest crypto index fund manager. They walk you through the different platforms to invest in crypto, and ways to identify the right cryptocurrencies for your portfolio.
- Why crypto makes sense as an asset class and a portfolio diversifier
- The reason behind multiple cryptocurrencies existing in the market
- Key investment risks that you should know before investing in crypto
- How NFTs work – and their future scope in the digital property rights space
- And more
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain: A Revolution in Financial Services with Matt Hougan, Part 1 (Ep. 46)
- Notes From the CIO: Bitwise Asset Management
- The Grayscale® Bitcoin Trust (GBTC)
- Bitwise 10 Crypto Index Fund (BITW)
Connect With Matt Hougan:
- Bitwise Asset Management
- LinkedIn: Matt Hougan
- Twitter: Matt Hougan
- Twitter: Bitwise Asset Management
Connect With Centura Wealth Advisory:
About Our Guest:
Matt Hougan is one of the world’s leading experts on crypto, ETFs, and financial technology. He is the Chief Investment Officer for Bitwise Asset Management, the world’s largest provider of cryptocurrency index funds. He was previously CEO of ETF.com and Inside ETFs, where he helped build the world’s first ETF data and analytics system, the leading ETF media site, and the world’s largest ETF conference. Matt is co-author of two publications for the CFA Institute Research Foundation: “A Comprehensive Guide to Exchange-Traded Funds” and “Crypto assets: The Guide to Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies for Professional Investors.” He is a crypto columnist for Forbes, a three-time member of the Barron’s ETF Roundtable, a member of ETFdb’s ETF Hall of Fame, and the eighth person to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from ETF.com for contributions to the ETF industry.