Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
High-interest rates have caused both stocks and bonds to perform poorly in recent months.
However, looking beyond stocks and bonds, private credit and direct lending have emerged as particularly attractive options for those seeking higher yields and lower volatility.
In this episode, Chris Osmond speaks with Philip Hasbrouck, Senior Managing Director and Co-Head of Cliffwater’s asset management business. Together, they simplify private credit and direct lending, discussing their benefits, risks, and relevance in the current environment.
Chris and Philip discuss:
- Cliffwater’s growth in the alternative investment space to over $10 billion in AUM
- How private credit can serve as a hedge against rising interest rates
- Key risks associated with direct lending (compared to traditional corporate bonds)
- Interval Funds vs. BDCs(Business Development Companies) — what you need to know as an investor
- And more
Connect with Philip Hasbrouck:
Connect with Chris Osmond:
Connect With Centura Wealth Advisory:
- (858) 771-9500
- Centura Wealth Advisory
- LinkedIn: Centura Wealth Advisory
About Our Guest:
Philip Hasbrouck is the co-head of Cliffwater’s asset management business. In this role, Philip leads the firm’s asset management distribution efforts and is involved with product development and positioning, business development, and managing client relationships. Prior to joining Cliffwater in 2018, Philip held various positions with CAIS, TCW Group, and J.P. Morgan. He earned a BS in Commerce and Finance from Santa Clara University.