Real estate investors often use a 1031 exchange to defer taxes.
However, a direct 1031 exchange is not possible if you want to transfer your real estate investment into publicly traded REIT shares.
In this episode, Sean Clark, Director of Financial Planning, and Mark Kenny, Advanced Planner, discuss alternative tax deferral strategies using UPREITs and DownREITs.
Sean and Mark discuss:
- A brief overview of 1031 exchanges
- How UPREITs and DownREITs work — and the difference between them
- How the team at Centura Wealth Advisory navigates these transactions
- Liquidity, diversification, and wealth transfer benefits of UPREITs and DownREITs
- And more
Connect With Centura Wealth Advisory:
- (858) 771-9500
- Centura Wealth Advisory
- LinkedIn: Sean Clark
- LinkedIn: Mark Kenny
- LinkedIn: Centura Wealth Advisory
About Our Guest:
Mark Kenny is a Senior Wealth Planner at Centura Wealth Advisory. He provides advanced tax, estate, and wealth planning to high-net-worth clients. He has over 25 years of experience in estate planning, retirement planning, investments, business succession planning, and family wealth transfers.