Most business owners don’t realize the importance of compliance until they take their business to the market and are bombarded with questions from prospective buyers.
In part three of our M&A series, Derek Myron joins Paul Johnson, partner at Procopio, to discuss the key legal aspects of every M&A deal. Join them as they address the common complications that may arise, from a legal and compliance standpoint, while selling your business. They also provide several tips to help you get everything in order well before the time of the sale.
You will learn:
- The expected market trends for 2021 – and various business and legal risks posed by COVID-19
- How a potential increase in capital gains taxes might affect your business decision
- Reasons to start preparing at least 12 months prior to the sale
- How the initial price on a Letter of Intent (LOI) can decrease subject to multiple factors
- The importance of consulting a lawyer that specializes in M&A instead of your general counsel
- And more!
Tune in now to gain a deeper understanding of the legal components of M&A!